Unicyclist Community

Unicyclist Community (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Unicycling Discussions (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   UNICON 2020 Location Leaked (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121457)

onebadjesus 2018-07-11 12:30 AM

UNICON 2020 Location Leaked

I heard the next location!
Ready for it...
Orcas Island, WA, USA
It's going to be there.

Vertigo 2018-07-12 12:28 AM

Let's do it!

Eric aus Chemnitz 2018-07-12 08:30 PM

Has there been any decision yet? I've also heared about Brixen in Switzerland and Erfurt in Germany.

As Stupid Does 2018-07-13 04:51 PM

Orcas!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric aus Chemnitz (Post 1697597)
I've also heared about Brixen in Switzerland and Erfurt in Germany.

You must have heard wrong. Quick, get booked for East Sound, Orcas Island. That’s where I’m going to will be.

johnfoss 2018-07-13 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onebadjesus (Post 1697558)
Ready for it...
Orcas Island, WA, USA

Please tell us more about your upcoming convention! :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by As Stupid Does (Post 1697612)
You must have heard wrong. Quick, get booked for East Sound, Orcas Island.

Wow, a new user account created just to post a comment. I haven't seen that in a long time!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric aus Chemnitz (Post 1697597)
Has there been any decision yet? I've also heared about Brixen in Switzerland and Erfurt in Germany.

Somebody mentioned Germany to me, but that's all I know. If it's there, it's going to be huge. Germany is probably the biggest unicycling country in Europe, and kind of in the middle of all the other uni countries, so it should draw a whopping crowd!

Wherever it is, I'll be there. Now that I'm back from NAUCC, I'm starting to prepare for Unicon 19 in Ansan, South Korea!

BTW, I tried to look up Brixen in Switzerland. Google Maps says it's still in Italy, where Unicon 16 was... (and I'd go to another Unicon there anytime)

As Stupid Does 2018-07-14 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnfoss (Post 1697613)
Wow, a new user account created just to post a comment. I haven't seen that in a long time!

Hopefully this group will not ban me for being off topic, but maybe y’all will please allow me to ask a dumb question.

@johnfoss, I know I’m probably just stupid but is there any other reason for someone to sign up or am I missing out on sump’n else?

Onewheelhenni 2018-07-14 07:29 PM

Quote:

Somebody mentioned Germany to me, but that's all I know. If it's there, it's going to be huge. Germany is probably the biggest unicycling country in Europe, and kind of in the middle of all the other uni countries, so it should draw a whopping crowd!

Please let it be in Germany. Would be the best thing that could happen for me, because I‘m still in the „getting better phase“ and that would definitely set an interesting goal. I was a spectator at the EUC in Sittard-Geleen last year and if I hadn’t been hooked already that would have done the job.

johnfoss 2018-07-16 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by As Stupid Does (Post 1697623)
I know I’m probably just stupid but is there any other reason for someone to sign up or am I missing out on sump’n else?

Life is like a box of chocolates. If you let your friends each have one, you'll be left with all the "yukky" ones.

Eric aus Chemnitz 2018-07-17 08:21 PM

Quote:

BTW, I tried to look up Brixen in Switzerland. Google Maps says it's still in Italy, where Unicon 16 was... (and I'd go to another Unicon there anytime)

Oops, yes, that's where i meant.

emile 2018-07-18 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onebadjesus

If you would like to host Unicon in 2020, I suggest you get in contact with the IUF at www.unicycling.org. As of now, nobody on the board committee of the IUF is aware of anything you're talking about here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onewheelhenni (Post 1697633)
I was a spectator at the EUC in Sittard-Geleen last year

That would have been EC unicycling*. EUC is Extreme Unicycling Championships and has been happening for over 10 years now.

Setonix 2018-07-18 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onewheelhenni (Post 1697633)
.... because I‘m still in the „getting better phase“ ...

Aren't all unicyclists in the getting better phase all of their lives? Im in my 3rd year of getting better phase :D

Onewheelhenni 2018-07-18 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setonix (Post 1697712)
Aren't all unicyclists in the getting better phase all of their lives? Im in my 3rd year of getting better phase :D

Ok, you got me there. I mean of course the „quickly-getting-better-at-the-beginning-of-a-wonderful-unicycling-career-phase“. ;-)

onebadjesus 2018-08-01 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setonix (Post 1697712)

Yeah I'm in my 29th year of getting better. You should check out Orcas. I'm trying to set up some smaller group rides here. MT. Constitution is 2409....

napalm 2018-08-12 11:36 AM

Soooo..... now that UNICON is over, anyone have any details as to where the next one will be held?

bouin-bouin 2018-08-12 01:38 PM

May be Brixen again (information from our french federation) !