View Single Post
Old 2019-04-14, 03:30 PM   #28
DaUniGuy
Training hard for retirement!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfoss View Post
It was a really nice experience, including the ferry to get there, and nice to do some non-competitive events at any uni convention. I hope we can do more at future conventions, and will try to help with this process.
I would like that as well. My first NAUCC was in 2014 put on by the Twin Cities Unicycle Club. My second was 2015 that the Madison Unicyclist hosted. I had a blast! Both of these events by these clubs seemed to put a big emphasis on the beginner unicyclist and promoting the sport to guys and gals like me who will never win any competitions.

They had lots of clinics and classes that I attended and learned so much from. Sone of the clinics I remember that I attended were five minutes next trick, mounts for everyone, learning to unicycle and several I can't remember the name of. I am a club of one. Anything I learn is done by trial and error and You-Tube videos by myself so the learning curve can be slow and frustrating. Getting some assistance and tutoring was very special for me.

It seems like the last few NAUCC's the emphasis was focused on the competition aspect of our sport. I was a little disappointed when I saw that the NAUCC this year that there was very little scheduled for low skilled guys like me. Other then the Street workshop (which sounds like a Hoot) but still requires a some good basic skills even for the entry level tricks.

That's fine, the host clubs puts forth a lot of effort to put these on and do a great job so for that I thank them for their efforts. Just want to point out there are a whole lot of hacks like me out there who would like to attend so keep us in mind.

My days of competition are over and if I can make it this year I planned on attending as a participant not a competitor. I will just hang out in the gym and at the skate park and pester those of you with talent for some pointers enjoy the scenery and a few cold beers and the beautiful scenery.

Page generated in 3.21800 seconds with 9 queries